Saturday, January 19, 2013

Hot Chocolate Bar

A group of us girls hosted a baby shower for one of our friends today, and in the planning stages Peggy, one of the hostesses, suggested we have a hot chocolate bar.  With my recent foray into marshmallow-making, I volunteered to take the task on.  To start with, I made two types of marshmallows - peppermint and vanilla.  You can see that adventure here.  Next, I put together the hot chocolate mix.  Over Christmas my mom brought an America's Test Kitchen (my favorite!!) recipe for the best cocoa.  I used this mix, and it did not disappoint (ATK never does!).  The next homemade item I made was white chocolate dipped spoons.  I attempted to decorate them by tinting the remaining white chocolate pink and piping it on, but the chocolate was too runny and most ended up looking like blobs.  Oh well.  Lesson learned.  Finally, I added some Cool Whip with cinnamon mixed in and a bottle of caramel ice cream topping.  It was great fun, pretty easy, and very tasty!


Pin It Now!

1 comment: