Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Trader Joe's Report

Trader Joe's is one of my all-time favorite places to buy groceries. What it lacks in selection it more than makes up for in quality, unique offerings, and price. If you haven't been and have one nearby, GO! Sometimes, instead of going out to dinner we'll show up at TJ's and put a meal together. (I know. We need to get a life.)

My visit this past weekend was mainly in preparation for a lunch with some friends, including one who is allergic to most soy ingredients. I had no problem finding some great options. At the store they were sampling Seasoned Pork Roast I with Barbecue Sauce and Sweet Potato Tots, and I liked both enough to purchase them for our lunch. The meat is microwaveable in the bag it comes in and is REALLY good. The tots tasted fine but never got crunchy.

For dessert, I thought we'd try the gluten-free brownie mix because it specifically said "soy free." If it was good, my friend would have a good brownie mix to use. I can't say that anyone enjoyed them. They had a good texture but a weird initial taste. In the end they tasted chocolatey, but weren't worth it unless it was your only option (she can make brownies from scratch).

Other purchases that day included crescent rolls (that I used to makes pizza pockets), cinnamon graham crackers, and Speculoos Crunchy Cookie Butter (amazing stuff that I used to make cookies - another post on that coming soon). All-in-all, it was a pretty successful trip. I always find fun treats at Trader Joe's!



Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment